Victoria Point is a suburb located approximately 33 kilometres south-east of Brisbane, in the Redland City local government area and is an extremely popular community with residents of all ages. It is primarily a residential area, but it also contains other public complexes and a ferry service to Coochiemudlo Island.
Nestled away from the Thornlands and Victoria Point by its very geography, Victoria Point juts out into the bay, lines with great foreshore parks and beaches. The main point area has two boat ramps for boat entry to Moreton Bay and a Volunteer Marine Rescue unit. Thompson’s Beach, a small child safe beach which has a very shallow slope allowing a long tide, is a very a popular swimming spot in summer
Shopping facilities have expanded rapidly in the last few years, with four supermarkets, a public library, cinema complex and many specialty shops and lakeside restaurants.
At the bayside end of Victoria Point, you’ll still find the fishing village atmosphere, with local shopping needs met by Pelican’s Nest Shopping Centre on Colburn Avenue.
At the business end of Victoria Point, you’ll find everything you need for a major shopping trip, along with schools and sporting clubs.
Victoria Point has emerged from being a sleepy bayside village to one of the fastest growing areas in the Redlands.
- Victoria Point's closest train station is Cleveland train station. The timetable can be accessed here
- Victoria Point also has a local bus route. Times and destinations can be found here
- Faith Lutheran College Prep to Year 12
- Victoria Point State School
- Victoria Point State High School
- St Rita’s Primary School
- Cleveland District State High School
- Cleveland State School,
- Carmel College Year 7 to Year 12
- Sheldon College Prep to Year 12