Wellington Point is a suburb of Redland City, about 22 km east of Brisbane. The suburb derives its name from Wellington Point which extends prominently into Moreton Bay. Based around this geographical feature, the community enjoys a village lifestyle. The local shopping precinct includes pubs, clubs and extensive sporting facilities.
The point and its adjoining waters are used extensively for aquatic sports. Water sports, paddle boarding, fishing, picnics and boating are very popular pastimes at the Point itself all year round, with walks out to the tiny adjoining King Island a must for every adventurer.
The area is also a popular day-trip destination. While it is predominantly urban, Wellington Point retains a seaside and village atmosphere.
Once a month in the main street of Wellington Point, visitors and locals enjoy the Wellington Point ‘Country’ Markets.
- Wellington Point has it's own train station on the Cleveland line to Brisbane. The timetable can be accessed here
- Wellington Point also has a local bus route. Times and destinations can be found here
- Redlands College Prep to Year 12
- Ormiston College Prep to Year 12
- Wellington Point State High School
- Wellington Point State Primary School